Horse Drawn & NFATs
Dave Sanger Stage & nfATs
This year our Campaigns Area is delighted to be hosting the Dave Sanger stage and No Fixed Abode Travellers (nfATs).
The Dave Sanger stage is proud to be horse drawn and will be rocking with their own band the Hedgerow Crawlers as well as other live acts, fire performers and more..
The Hedgerow Crawlers
The fabulous Jethro Platts (t’other Barnsley Bard), pop by for some reyt northern comedy & chat! https://www.facebook.com/jeff.platts
nfATs Coalition – No Fixed Abode Travellers & Supporters
Campaigning AGAINST the criminalisation of trespass and FOR the right to roam.
Mission Statement – No Fixed Abode Travellers’ – nfATs Coalition.
nfATs Coalition is a diverse collective of people who have come together to highlight the current issues that affect all Travellers and the nomadic way of life. Throughout history humans have lived nomadically – it is a human right to do so- and it is a way of life cherished by many. It is, however, currently under threat from many directions, in particular the new legislation in the Police, Crime, Sentencing & Courts Bill, (part 3 and 4 – Public Order & Unauthorised Encampments) which, alongside many draconian new laws now plans to make the act of trespass a criminal offence.
* to promote the positive aspects of New Traveller culture.
* to educate people about the history and current situation of no fixed abode Travellers’.
* to engage with people outside of the nfATs Coalition- helping to reduce prejudice, ignorance and misunderstanding.
* to create a united force of people campaigning and networking together.
* to fight against all forms of fascism, racism, bigotry, prejudice and discrimination.
* to campaign against laws that make it more difficult or illegal to lead a nomadic lifestyle and which restrict our human rights. There is no trespass on stolen ground!
nfATs 2022 Tour. Campaign Focus Areas:
* TAP-Travellers Against Prejudice.
* Land Of the Free-Restoring the Records.
* No Trespass On Stolen Ground.
We are a collective composed mostly of New Travellers; we are folk dwelling in abodes of many shapes and sizes, who live and travel by truck, boat, cart, foot and wagon; some with ethnic Traveller heritage; some who now reside in bricks and mortar. Our common cause is freedom- to be, to roam, to live.
Some of us live on the verge or squat on disused land or in disused buildings- occasionally we live on the rare authorised and unauthorised sites provided by the council. Perhaps we have been able to secure land to live on and have chosen to settle (a little) which enables us to continue to live in a way that is connected with nature and our planet but with the security that such a semi-secure base provides.
Our access to the land and waterways is already limited, we have a right to roam on just 8% of England’s land. The other 92% remains off limits, and we are about to lose more.
The nfATs.cOr hub travels around the UK participating in festivals and events. The Hub is a welcoming space~ open for conversational interaction regarding issues of concern- affecting not only Travellers’ but every single human being alive!
Living by good example, collective discussion and gaining outside support from a wider community through cohesive movement is the way forward. We will continue to promote the positive aspects of nomadic life and to campaign against the criminalisation of our lifestyle.
We encourage people outside of nfATs Coalition to visit the nfATs hub, relax with a book from our reference library, attend workshops, talks and demonstration- or engage in conversation and debate with us.
The nfATs hub offers a calm, open and welcoming mobile environment. The space is not only there for introduction, relaxation, conversation and debate- along with the nfATs marquee and acoustic hearth, the coalition hub also offers nfATs.cor an invitation to embrace the stage demonstration area with their skills, crafts, attributes and presence – for promotional and pre-commission booking showcase opportunity.
There are many skills and attributes within the core of nfATs coalition. By sharing these gifts through showcase demonstration- we are reaching out to a wider audience, helping us to help you to un-earth your own hidden skills and creativity, <3
The nfATs Coalition Tour will:
* promote awareness of nfATs key areas of focussed campaign action.
* support/strengthen/linkup/promote anti-fascism coalition networks.
* promote nfATs.cOr Skills-Attributes-Trades-Business.
nfATs Coalition NEEDS YOUR HELP! Please check out this website to get to know more about this coalition of nfATs and why nfATs Collective came into being back in 2016. We are always in need of financial support from supporters of our campaign projects. nfATs is a non-constituted autonomous coalition.
You can help, both financially and in other ways too. Go to *Donate* to find out how